Mold: When to Call the Professionals
There are particular situations where the homeowner can clean up mold. However, there’s a time when it’s passed your ability, and it is time to call the professionals. The best thing for you and your family is to know the different. Here are some examples of situations:
Call the Professionals:
- If there has been a large water damage in the area the mold is located, and if there is more than 10 square feet of mold growth.
- If you think your AC unit (including ducting and ventilation) could be contaminated with mold or if you visibly see evident of mold around the outside of the vents or returns.
- DO NOT run your AC unit, you can run the chance of spreading mold spores throughout your home.
- If any water damage or mold growth was caused by the sewage system.
- If your regularly experience allergies or respiratory issues.
If there is Less than 10 square feet of mold or fungi inside your home.
- If there is any on the surface of your bath tub or shower.
- If you see mold or fungi growing or the outside of your home, such as windows, doors, concrete, stucco, etc.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Osceola County specializes in mold removal and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our highly trained technicians are restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely. We service the residents of St. Cloud, Kissmmee, Celebration, Four Corners, and Champions Gate. Don’t hesitate to contact our office staff if you think there may be mold in an area in your home. Schedule a Mold Assessment at 407-933-0707